Benefits of Getting Regular Body Massages
Sunday, October 12, 2014 — 0 Comments
Massage therapy has been in our culture for a very long time. In this modern day and age, people use massage therapy for a number of reasons. It is also considered a part of alternative and complementary medicine.
Massage involves the rubbing of muscles, tendons, ligaments and skin. A full body massage offers a whole range of benefits. Here are just some of the reasons why you should get a massage today:
1. Ease pain and stiffness. The body massage helps release endorphins that act to relieve pain. Massage eases muscles that are tired, overused and sore. For sports practitioners, massages also relieve pain after a hard workout and even injuries.
2. Improve sleep. Massages affect the brain waves connected to deep sleep. This is why you can easily fall asleep on a massage table during a treatment. This is also beneficial for those who have insomnia or other sleep-related problems.
3. Boost immune system function. A full body massage stimulates lymphatic function, which assists the immune system in defending the body against sickness and infection.
4. In women, massages can reduce pre-menstrual syndrome and its symptoms like pain and bloating.
5. Boost brainpower and increase alertness. People that are relaxed and get massages perform better in tests.
6. Relieve headaches and migraine. Just like muscle pain, massage also work to relieve tension and stress-related headaches.
7. Improves blood circulation. Massages help control blood pressure by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to reach vital organs and tissues.
8. Alleviate pain in cancer patients and those with other serious illnesses.
9. It also helps reduce anxiety, stress and depression in patients with serious conditions.
10. It improves the skin tone and creates the appearance of healthy skin cells. Because massages encourage tissue regeneration, the appearance of scars and stretch marks are also reduced.
For pregnant women and those with serious medical conditions, consult your doctor before getting a massage treatment. While a massage is generally beneficial, contraindications and serious precautions may be needed for patients with sensitive conditions.